In order to submit a paper, the author(s) should satisfy the following Submission Requirements
- JSIAM Letters (abbreviated as the Letters) is an electronic journal published by the Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (JSIAM).
- If at least one of the author(s) is a member of JSIAM, there is no publication charge. Else the author(s) should pay 20,000 JPY to JSIAM as publication charge of the published paper, except for the special cases approved by the Editorial Board.
- Manuscript submitted to JSIAM Letters should contain an original result which was presented as one of the followings:
- (1) A oral or a poster presentation at the Annual Meeting of the JSIAM. Here, if the presented session is not organized by JSIAM Activity Groups, the author should mail to the Secretary Editors (letters-office (at) ml.jsiam.org) with
- 1) Type of presentation : (oral or poster)
- 2) Information of presentation : (paper number, author's name(s), affiliation(s) and title)
- 3) desired JSIAM Activity Group for reviewing (the first choice is indispensable and alternate choice can be indicated).
- Even if not submitted actually, mail is not needed. Moreover, even if a manuscript is submitted, the manuscript is returned with a reason if review is impossible.
- (2) A oral presentation at Joint Symposium of JSIAM Activity Groups.
- (3) A oral presentation at the workshops sponsored or cosponsored by the Activity Groups that satisfy the following conditions:
- 1) they should be announced to the members through the JSIAM mailing list,
- 2) programs should be either linked from the JSIAM web page or some others.
- (4) A oral presentation at any other meetings approved by the Editorial Board.
- Manuscripts should be submitted to JSIAM Letters no later than the end of the month one year after the presentation, except for the cases approved by the Editorial Board. For the presentations given in September 9, September 30 of the next year will be the deadline for submittion, for example.
- After revisions a rejected manuscript can be resubmitted within one year in the above sense.
- Manuscripts submitted to JSIAM Letters are required to be self-contained. The contents should not considerably overlap with the contents of other papers by the authors. Double submission is strictly prohibited. Namely, the authors must not submit any manuscripts that is submitted to another journals, or is under review of other refereed journals, or have been previously published.
- It is strongly recommended that it is proofread before submission by a native English speaker or a scientific editing service prior to submission.
The following companies offer a discount to authors planning to submit a manuscript to JSIAM Letters. Please make a contact to the secretary editors (letters-office (at-mark) ml.jsiam.org) for details.
(in alphabetical order)
- Editage Japan (http://www.editage.jp/)
- Enago Japan (http://www.enago.jp/)
- FORTE (https://www.forte-science.co.jp/)
A full-paper submission to JJIAM or Transactions
- The author(s) is(are) encouraged to submit a full paper to
- Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (JJIAM)
- Transactions of the Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (Transactions).